Friday, October 23, 2009

The Loki Mutt Versus The Snake.

Lucas: BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK!
Sam: Meh
Bert Meh.
Lucas: BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK!
Sam: Meh
Bert Meh.
Me:??????????
Lucas: BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK!
Me: *getting up to investigate*
Lucas: BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK!
Me: *seeing Lucas barking at something under the deck* Dogs in the house NOW!
Bert*into the house*
Sam*into the house*
Lucas: BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK!
Me: *seeing snake springs over rail almost on top of Lucas*
Lucas*runs!*
Me: Lucas come here!
Lucas: uh-uh
Me: NOW!
Lucas: oh shit.
Me: Now, dammit, come here!
Lucas *crawling over to me, peeing on the ground* : Dad, don’t kill me.
Me: *grabbing Lucas by the collar, dragging him into the house.*
Snake: Thank you.
Me: *going inside to check Lucas.*

Luke got popped twice. If this had been a Cottonmouth he would be dead now. I took Lucas back outside and screamed at him every time he got near the snake. Before it was over with when the snake moved in one direction, Lucas moved in the other, in a hurry. Both older dogs got scolded for letting it happen.
Dammit.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I hope this is a rat snake, after Luke getting hit twice. I hope there isn't another snakebite story.
    PS - your toe was too close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Banded water snake. My toe is safe. The next snake was venomous. THAT was not a happy ending.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I could just mail you a thumbdrive with everything on it, you know.

      Delete
  3. You could, but this is more fun. Also, I may comment or not, but you don't need to reply, even though I like the comments after time has passed from you originally writing. I do enjoy taking you back to the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving this, actually. I have forgotten most of this stuff but I remember it once I see it again.

      Delete