Monday, May 26, 2014

Buying Plants Late in the Season



This one looks like it’s outgrown,
The pot it was put in,
And this one looks like it’s really to die,
Before it’s even begin
This one looks too ragged,
And this one looks too small
We lost the tag on this one
Who knows what grows at all?
I will take that one
Because it speaks to me
The tagless plant it comes as well
And what grows we all shall see
I’ll take the one bent over
The sun will make it straight
The planting season is over

But I can hardly wait! 

6 comments:

  1. I have so much to do outside it's not even funny.

    I like when you dabble in poetry. You should dabble some more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm as good a poet as I am a gardener. Sad to say!

      Delete
  2. This is nice, Mike!

    I get plants that the nursery or home store has literally thrown in the dumpster. Nine times out of ten they thrive beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think next year I'll grow my own from seeds from this year, Tex. Hmm, I don't remember seeing garden photos on your blog.

      Delete
    2. Yes, you did. Pom Pom plant and lilacs. Other plants I rescued were house plants and annuals.

      Delete
    3. Hmmm, that's right, you did.

      Delete