Sunday, January 31, 2016

Experimental Food: Bean Burrito

This is a photo of the first bean burrito I have ever made without meat. I baked a sweet potato for an hour or so, tossed in some black beans that simmered in the crock pot for about four hours after soaking overnight, and mixed the beans and potato up on a mash.

I put a little olive oil in a frying pan and tossed in a habanero once the oil was hot, and followed it with a white onion, green bell pepper, and a five cloves of garlic.

I used a green spinach wrap as a shell and it was quite good. The beans needed to be cooked more but the veggies had just the right amount of heat and flavor.


This will happen again after some tweaking.

4 comments:

  1. Sweet potato, huh? Very interesting. What made you choose sweet potato?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a recipe somewhere out there that makes a great veggie burger using sweet potatoes and black beans. I hijacked it a bit and used some toasted wheat germ in it as well for B12.

      Delete
    2. It looks really good (don't tell anyone I said that!). I will probably add corn to give some more crunch and to add a little bit more Southwesty flavor.

      Delete
    3. Damn, I actually thought about that.

      Delete